Ink Flight Starter Box
Get your wings with this beginners fountain pen, ink, and notebook set. Punch your ticket to becoming an experienced ink connoisseur with all the tools to record your inky journey.
First, start off with a flight of 7 fountain pen ink samples stored in secure, twist-top plastic vials. These 2ml ink samples are randomly chosen from our reserve of previous Ink Flight colors, plus a few new colors never sampled before. These samples are stored conveniently in a nylon zipper carry on case that can keep your writing instruments safe while on the go.
Use the included Jinhao 992 Demonstrator fountain pen to fill up with your new ink. The fine, stainless steel nib allows your thoughts to flow with ease using the color of your choice.
For paper, you can start your swatch collection using the Col-O-Ring Ink Testing Book or keep a "currently inked" log with luxurious Japanese Tomoe River paper. The handy Col-O-Ring can be organized any way you wish. The thick paper can handle a heavy dose of ink, so don't be shy. The InkJournal Pocket Tomoe notebook is filled with some of the best paper for showing off the shading and sheen of fountain pen ink. The included format card with each book gives you the flexibility of recording multiple pen and ink combinations or a more detailed review. Additional, free templates are available to download for your customizable notebook.
A comprehensive way to get your pen and ink game off the ground, this starter kit is affordably priced to provide an affordable way into the wide world of fountain pen inks.
This Ink Flight Starter Box includes:
- 7 - 2ml ink samples selected at random from previous Ink Flights and will include multiple brands of inks from around the world.
- An Ink Flight Carry On Zipper Pen Case for carrying writing instruments or ink samples on-the-go.
- A Jinhao 992 Demonstrator Fountain Pen in fine nib with converter (color may vary)
- A Pocket Tomoe InkJournal Notebook 3.5" x 5.5" pocket-sized notebook with blank, Tomoe River paper. This hand-made notebook includes a format card to use as an InkJournal.
- A Col-O-Ring Ink Testing Notebook with 100 sheets of thick, 160gsm paper for using as swatch cards.